Safeguarding PolicyT he care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in church activities is the responsibility of the whole church. Everyone who participates in the life of the church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
Safeguarding is an integral part of the mission and ministry of the church in this diocese and is in line with the diocese Growing in God strategy. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
It is our policy to:
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility relating those groups who are at increased risk of harm or abuse within the church
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those who may pose a present risk to others
- In order to fulfil the above policy the diocese provides facilities to complete online DBS applications and to provide appropriate levels of safeguarding training in order to raise awareness and create an atmosphere of ‘informed vigilance’.
Our churches align with the policy set out by the diocese of St Edmundbury & Ipswich. For more information please visit http://www.cofesuffolk.org/safeguarding or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If a child or adult is at risk of immediate harm call 999 now.